Get an overview of this hotelHeritage hotel in convenient downtown Melbourne location
Popular property highlights
A luxury stay in the heart of Melbourne awaits you at Rendezvous Hotel Melbourne. Within just a 10-minute stroll, you'll find popular attractions like Eureka Tower and Melbourne Aquarium. Highlights at this boutique hotel include a restaurant, a 24-hour health club, and a bar/lounge.
TVs with cable channels are featured in all 340 rooms, and you can enjoy WiFi, in-room childcare, and coffee/tea makers. Refrigerators and round-the-clock room service make in-room dining easy, and minibars provide refreshments. Nice touches to enhance your stay include free toiletries, while premium bedding and pillow menus invite a good night's rest. Free newspapers, in-room massages, and safes are also available.Information missing or incorrect? Tell us!Opens in a new window
Rendezvous Hotel Melbourne
Rendezvous Hotel Melbourne's The Grill restaurant offers breakfast, lunch, and dinner daily. Reception and room service are available 24 hours and The Bar is also open from 5 PM until late. Business travelers are well catered for with a 24-hour business center and a conference center with 10 meetings rooms.
- 24-hour front desk
- Babysitting or childcare (surcharge)
- Total number of rooms - 340
- Babysitting or childcare
- Breakfast available (surcharge)
- Valet parking (surcharge)
- Year Built 1913
- Number of floors - 9
- Coffee shop or café
- Free newspapers in lobby
- Conference space
- Dry cleaning/laundry service
- 24-hour health club
- Tours/ticket assistance
- WiFi (surcharge)
- Computer station
- Luggage storage
- Laundry facilities
- Concierge services
- Express check-in
- Limo or Town Car service available
- Meeting rooms 10
- Multilingual staff
- Safe-deposit box at front desk
- Offsite parking discounted rates available
- 24-hour business center
- Number of meeting rooms - 10
- Conference center
- Self parking (surcharge)
- Smoke-free property
- Number of buildings/towers - 1
- Wedding services
Available in all rooms: Wireless internet access ( AUD 9.95 per 24-hour period )
Available in some public areas: Wireless internet access ( AUD 9.95 per 24-hour period )
Self parking (surcharge), Valet parking (surcharge), Offsite parking discounted rates available
- Airport: Melbourne, VIC (MEL-Tullamarine) (27.9 km)
- Train station: Southern Cross Station (1.3 km)
- Metro station: Flinders Street Station (0.3 km)
- Parking: Valet parking and self parking available for a surcharge
- Premium TV channels
- Pay movies
- Premium bedding
- In-room climate control (air conditioning)
- Blackout drapes/curtains
- Air conditioning
- Free newspaper
- Coffee/tea maker
- Daily housekeeping
- Private bathroom
- Free toiletries
- Hair dryer
- In-room massage available
- In-room childcare (surcharge)
- Cable TV service
- Iron/ironing board
- In-room safe
- WiFi (surcharge)
- Room service (24 hours)
- Pillow menu
- Connecting/adjoining rooms available
- Free cribs/infant beds
- Rollaway/extra beds (surcharge)
Where to Eat
The Grill - International cuisine. À la carte and buffet breakfast with Asian and Western choices. À la carte lunch, and buffet lunch weekdays. À la carte dinner. Wine list. Relaxed, contemporary décor. Located on lower ground floor. Open daily for breakfast, lunch, and dinner.
The Bar - Serves beer, wine, and cocktails. Coffee and tea. Happy hours. Original heritage Club Reading Room, with dark timber panels and ornate ceilings. Leadlight windows overlook Flinders Street. Sofas, and high stools at bar. Located on first level. Open daily from mid afternoon until late.
The fitness centre at the Rendezvous Hotel Melbourne has free weights, cardio machine, two cycles, treadmill, stepper, and a rowing machine.
There are walking and jogging tracks along the Yarra River just opposite the Rendezvous Hotel Melbourne. Rowing is also available on the Yarra. Aerobics and other gym classes, as well as squash, are on offer at downtown fitness centres within a few blocks of the hotel. The nearest children's playground is at Southbank across the river (500 metres). There is swimming at the City Baths in Swanston Street (1 km). The nearest sailing is at Albert Park Lake (2 km) or Port Melbourne (3 km). St Kilda (7.5 km) is the nearest beach suburb, and offers parasailing, windsurfing, and sailing. Golf can be enjoyed at the Albert Park Golf Course (2 km) or Yarra Bend in Fairfield, about 15 minutes by taxi. For spectator sports, the hotel is located close to the city's major sporting venues: The Telstra Dome (team sports), the Melbourne Cricket Ground, and Rod Laver Arena (tennis). There is ice skating at the Melbourne Music Bowl a short walk from Rod Laver Arena, which also has public tennis courts.
The recreational activities listed below are available either on site or nearby; fees may apply.
- Golfing nearby
- Windsurfing nearby
- Sailing nearby
- Hiking/biking trails nearby
- Bicycle rentals nearby
- Parasailing nearby
If you have requests for specific accessibility needs, please note them at check-out when you book your room.
- Accessible bathroom
- In-room accessibility
- Roll-in shower
Check-in time starts at 3 PM
Check-out time is 11 AM
Children and extra beds
- Children are welcome.
- Rollaway/extra beds are available for AUD 70.0 per night.
- Free cribs (infant beds)!
- Pets not allowed
You need to know
Extra-person charges may apply and vary depending on property policy.
- Fee for buffet breakfast: AUD 29.50 per person (approximately)
- Fee for in-room wireless Internet: AUD 9.95 per 24-hour period (rates may vary)
- Fee for wireless Internet in public areas: AUD 9.95 per 24-hour period (rates may vary)
- Self parking fee: AUD 25 per night
- Valet parking fee: AUD 45 per night (in/out privileges)
- Rollaway bed fee: AUD 70.0 per night
- Onsite credit card charges are subject to a surcharge
- Rendezvous Melbourne
- Melbourne Rendezvous Hotel
- Rendezvous Hotel
- Rendezvous Grand Hotel Melbourne
- Rendezvous Grand Melbourne
- Rendezvous Hotel Melbourne
We should mention
The property has connecting/adjoining rooms, which are subject to availability and can be requested by contacting the property using the number on the booking confirmation.
This property has been awarded a star rating from the Australian Star Ratings Agency, Star Ratings Australia.