Get an overview of this hotelFamily-friendly Melbourne hotel in The Real Heart of Melbourne, near Melbourne Cricket Ground
Popular property highlights
A luxury stay in the heart of Melbourne awaits you at The Hotel Windsor. Within just a 15-minute stroll, you'll find popular places like Bourke Street Mall and Melbourne Museum. Highlights at this family-friendly hotel include a restaurant, a bar/lounge, and a conference center.
LCD TVs with cable channels are featured in all 180 rooms, and you can enjoy free WiFi, in-room childcare, and coffee/tea makers. Minibars provide refreshments, and in-room dining is easy with amenities like refrigerators and round-the-clock room service. Nice touches to enhance your stay include free toiletries, while premium bedding and pillow menus invite a good night's rest. Free newspapers, hair dryers, and phones are also available.Information missing or incorrect? Tell us!Opens in a new window
The Hotel Windsor
The hotel offers a restaurant. A bar/lounge is on site where guests can unwind with a drink. Business-related amenities at this 5-star property consist of a business center and meeting rooms.
A computer station is located on site and wired and wireless Internet access is complimentary. 5 meeting rooms are available. This Victorian hotel also offers tour/ticket assistance, concierge services, and complimentary newspapers in the lobby. Onsite parking is available (surcharge).
The Hotel Windsor has designated areas for smoking.
- 24-hour front desk
- Babysitting or childcare (surcharge)
- Business center
- Safe-deposit box at front desk
- Total number of rooms - 180
- Number of floors - 4
- Babysitting or childcare
- Breakfast available (surcharge)
- Free newspapers in lobby
- Concierge services
- Conference space
- Dry cleaning/laundry service
- Express check-out
- Computer station
- Tours/ticket assistance
- Free WiFi
- Free wired Internet
- Laundry facilities
- Designated smoking areas
- Luggage storage
- Express check-in
- Meeting rooms 5
- Valet parking (surcharge)
- Number of meeting rooms - 5
- Year Built 1883
- Conference center
- Number of buildings/towers - 1
- Wedding services
Available in all rooms: Free WiFi
Available in some public areas: Free WiFi , Free wired Internet
Valet parking (surcharge)
- Airport: Melbourne, VIC (MEL-Tullamarine) (24.6 km)
- Train station: Southern Cross Station (2.4 km)
- Parking: Valet parking available for a surcharge
- Premium TV channels
- Pay movies
- Premium bedding
- Hypo-allergenic bedding available
- Free newspaper
- Air conditioning
- Coffee/tea maker
- Daily housekeeping
- Private bathroom
- Free toiletries
- Hair dryer
- Shower/tub combination
- In-room childcare (surcharge)
- Iron/ironing board
- Blackout drapes/curtains
- Cable TV service
- Free WiFi
- In-room climate control (air conditioning)
- Room service (24 hours)
- Pillow menu
- LCD TV
- Connecting/adjoining rooms available
- Free cribs/infant beds
Where to Eat
Buffet breakfasts are available for a surcharge and are served each morning between 6:30 AM and 10 AM.
111 Spring Street - This restaurant serves breakfast and lunch. Guests can enjoy drinks at the bar.
Late night fare is available from 24-hour room service.
The recreational activities listed below are available either on site or nearby; fees may apply.
- Golfing nearby
- Bicycle rentals nearby
Minimum check-in age is 18
Check-in time starts at 2 PM
Check-out time is 11 AM
Children and extra beds
- Children are welcome.
- Kids stay free! Children 11 years old and younger stay free when using existing bedding.
- Rollaway/extra beds are available for AUD 55 per night.
- Free cribs (infant beds)!
- Pets not allowed
You need to know
Extra-person charges may apply and vary depending on property policy.
- Fee for buffet breakfast: AUD 38 per person (approximately)
- Valet parking fee: AUD 50.00 per night (in/out privileges)
- Rollaway bed fee: AUD 55 per night
- Onsite credit card charges are subject to a surcharge
- Hotel Windsor Melbourne
- Windsor Melbourne
- Hotel Windsor
- Windsor Hotel Melbourne
We should mention
This property offers transfers from the airport. Guests must contact the property with arrival details before travel, using the contact information on the booking confirmation. Children 11 years old and younger stay free when occupying the parent or guardian's room, using existing bedding. The property has connecting/adjoining rooms, which are subject to availability and can be requested by contacting the property using the number on the booking confirmation.
Awards & Affiliations
- The property is a member of Historic Hotels of the World.
This property has been awarded a star rating from the Australian Star Ratings Agency, Star Ratings Australia.