In no particular order:
2. Grab some fish and chips from Fish Hut or Burleigh Heads Fishmongers and enjoy them on the hill at Burleigh Beach.
3. If you’re at the GC for the weekend, go and discover the Night Quarter Markets at Helensvale, held every Friday and Saturday night from 4pm till 10pm.
4. Tame those hunger pains with burgers from Longboards at the Q1 Resort & Spa.
5. Get away from the hustle and bustle and head up Mt Tamborine to check out the wineries, breweries and of course the views!
6. Go for a hike around Burleigh National Park.
7. If you’re a coffee addict, head to Daark Espresso Bar to try their specialty coffee and seasonal menu.
8. Sit back and relax at De Vito Waterfront restaurant at Southport.
9. Check out Doughnut Time for arguably the best Nutella experience of your life.
10. Have a go at stand-up paddle boarding at Currumbin.
11. For a chic, casual dining and drinking destination head to Helm Bar, Surfers Paradise.
12. Hit those sweet cravings with Tutti Frutti waffles from Max Brenner.
13. Need a swim away from the surf? Check out the calm waters of Tallebudgera creek.
14. Try traditional American food at Tribeca NYC (the ribs are a must!).
15. Do the Skypoint Climb for the best views of the Gold Coast.
16. Finish your day off with a few beers at the House of Brews, Surfers Paradise.
17. Grab a classic Bavarian meal (and stein) at Bavarian Haus, Surfers Paradise.
18. Get your Italian on at Scoop at Burleigh– no one says no to Gelati!
19. Chow down on quality steaks and burgers at Hurricanes Grill and Bar.
20. Feed wild parrots at O’Reillys, check out the bird of prey show and hike one of the many waterfall tracks.
21. Head to Baritalia, Surfers Paradise for delicious European cuisine.
22. Practice your surfing skills at famous Kirra Beach.
23. Dine on delicious tapas at Pablo Pablo, Palm Beach.
24. Have breakfast for lunch at Pancakes in Paradise. Zero judgement here.
25. Keep it local with lunch at The Yard Cafe, Nobby beach – they harvest a lot of fresh and local produce from Queensland growers.
26. For premium coffee, Crema Espresso, Broadbeach is a must-visit.
27. Dine 230 metres into the sky at at Seventy7 Café and Bar at Q1 Resort & Spa.
28. Head to The Spit with your pooch for a dog friendly day at the beach.
29. For a crazy dinner and a show experience, head to Draculas Comedy Cabaret Restaurant.
30. Get back to nature in the Springbrook National Park – make sure you check out the stunning Natural Bridge.
31. Keep cool and chill out away from the beach crowds at the Currumbin rock pools.
32. Check out all the cute critters at Currumbin Wildlife Sanctuary. A photo with the one of the cuddly Koalas is a must.