About this activity
What's included, what's not
Small group tours (20 people maximum)
Scenic Cruise among 144 Islands
Two remote island stopovers
Swim, Snorkel and relax (all equipment provided)
Wildlife spotting, commentary and information throughout the day
Stand-up Paddleboarding (all equipment provided)
Complimentary Morning Tea/Coffee and Biscuit
A truly personalised, local experience
Coffee and/or Tea
Food and drinks
Hotel pick-up and drop-off
What you can expect
• Check-in at the Salt Air Office (Helicopter office next to the Paihia Wharf) at 9.45am
• Our crew will greet you and bring you down to our boat as they welcome you on board
• Take a seat as we begin cruising the sheltered coastline towards the outer islands
• Keep and eye out for local wildlife as your skipper and crew will point out local hot-spots and provide plenty of history and information about the area.
• Our first stop is Roberton Island (also known as the famous Twin Lagoons) where we disembark and take a 10 minute walk amongst native flora and fauna to the island lookout point - a breath-taking 360 degree view of the Bay of Islands.
• Upon returning from the walk, your crew will provide beach-side morning tea with coffee/tea and biscuits.
• Take some time exploring the tidal lagoons, or take relax on this secluded island before making your way back on board the boat.
• Our tour continues as we cruise among the 144 islands the bay has to offer. Keep an eye out for marine life and unique shore birds that live in the area - sometimes we are lucky enough to spot dolphins and a variety of other wildlife throughout the day!!
• Arriving at our second island stop, we begin our activities….all equipment is available for you to discover the underwater reefs with snorkelling gear provided and give Stand-up Paddleboarding a try.
• Take a walk along one of the island trails, enjoy a swim or relax on the unfrequented beaches in the warmth of the sun….some days, you can even try fresh NZ Kina (seafood) - there are options for everyone.
• After our time on the second island, we begin our cruise back home through the islands following the coastline back into Paihia.
• Whether you are a solo traveller, a couple on a honeymoon, or a family on holiday, your visit to the Bay of Islands isn't complete until you have experienced our Island Getaway Day Cruise
Best Deals on Things to Do
Experience the wonders of the world up close with great deals on things to do near and far. We offer one-of-a-kind activities that allow you to explore Bay of Islands your way. Whether you love nature, culture, food or a bit of adventure, we have the perfect activity for you.