Fantastic scenic lookouts offer great photo opportunities
Shared or Private group tours - the choice is yours!
Try & buy delicious locally-made chocolate & fudge
See & learn about the Art Deco City of Napier
Live commentary in a modern air-conditioned minibus (max 10)
About this activity
What's included, what's not
Driver/guide providing live commentary on board
Transport by air-conditioned minivan
Pick-up and drop-off from the designated meeting point
Free courtesy shuttle buses provided from the Port of Napier for cruise ship passengers
What you can expect
Small group tour by minibus (max 10 passengers) in air conditioned comfort with a friendly, knowledgeable local driver/guide to show you all the highlights of Napier and the surrounding areas. This very popular tour includes fantastic scenery, a chocolate factory and of course the world-famous Art Deco City of Napier with plenty of photo opportunities along the way.
Book individual seats on a shared minibus or you can have the whole vehicle to yourselves by booking the private tour. When booking the private tour, the itinerary can be customised by agreement with your driver/guide on the day.
The full tour itinerary includes:
- Cruise Napier's world-famous Art Deco City as we share with you the tragic story of destruction by earthquake in 1931 and subsequent rebuild of the city as the Art Deco Capital of the world
- Visit Bluff Hill Lookout spectacular views (weather & traffic conditions permitting)
- See the Art Deco houses in Napier's Marewa suburb
- Visit the unique Birdwoods Gallery with a traditional sweet shop, sculpture garden, refreshments including local wines or beer, teas & coffees and locally-produced ice creams for sale
- Stop at the Silky Oak Chocolate Co for a taste of the finest chocolate in the area
- Cruise into beautiful open countryside taking in rivers, estuaries and open farmland
- Stop at Te Mata Peak for exceptional scenic views (subject to weather & traffic conditions)
- Return to the shuttle bus pick-up point in plenty of time to return to your cruise ship